Installing the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java on Windows
Start here to download, install, and set up the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java. You can install multiple versions of this software development kit (SDK) on the same machine. You can also install the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java on the same machine as the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for WPF.
- Download and extract the SDK or insert the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java media. For download and extraction instructions, see the ArcGIS Runtime SDK Quick Start Guide. If you have no access or limited access to the Internet in your organization and cannot view the quick start topic, you may be eligible to use the Esri Customer Care site to request that backup media be sent to you.
- You must install your integrated development environment (IDE) before installing this SDK. For a list of supported IDEs, see the system requirements. For the latest release information, see Release notes: ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java.
- Double-click the Setup.exe file at the top level of the media or of the extracted files you downloaded in step 1 to start the installation wizard.
The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java installation wizard appears.
- Click Next.
- Follow the on-screen instructions. In the Select Features panel, you can change the default installation directory by clicking the Change button, then navigating to the directory you want. Make sure this directory is on your development machine and that you have write permissions to this directory. Ensure no other users are using the directory.
- On the last panel of the wizard, click Finish. The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Java is installed and the Software Authorization Wizard displays. Now you are ready to authorize your development machine and install the Eclipse plugin.