Steps to get Portal for ArcGIS up and running
These are the steps you'll follow to get Portal for ArcGIS up and running:
Upgrading to 10.2.2? For more information, see About upgrading Portal for ArcGIS.
- Plan how you'll use Portal for ArcGIS with other ArcGIS system components.
- Verify that your system meets the minimum system requirements. For the latest system requirements, visit the ArcGIS Resources website.
- Modify your firewall to allow communication on the ports used by Portal for ArcGIS.
- Install Portal for ArcGIS and authorize it for use.
- Open the portal website and log in by defining the initial administrator account.
- Install ArcGIS Web Adaptor and configure it for use with your portal. You'll use the initial administrator account or another administrator you've defined to configure the Web Adaptor.
Once you've completed these steps, you can configure the website for use. If you need help with this, click the Help link at the top of the website. This launches the product documentation installed with Portal for ArcGIS. You can also access the help using the installed shortcuts.