Creating a subgroup within a group in the Layout window (Defense Mapping)
You can create subgroups within a group from the Layout window. A subgroup element is composed of other elements within the group. Subgroup elements retain their former position within the subgroup. If a subgroup is ungrouped, the elements are set back to the group element order.
To create a subgroup within a grouped element, perform the following steps:
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- If necessary, click the Layout window button on the Production Cartography toolbar to display the Layout window.
- Click a grouped element in the Layout window and expand it.
- Click the elements that you want to add to a subgroup.
- Right-click the highlighted elements and click Group.
The highlighted elements are combined into a single element in the page layout. In the Layout window, the highlighted elements are moved into a new subgroup node within the group.注:
Ungrouping a subgroup returns all elements to the group element list.