Adding WMTS Services
WMTS server content can be used in ArcMap (as well as ArcGlobe) as map layers.
To add WMTS services to your map, do the following:
- Using the Add Data dialog box, choose an existing server connection or make a new connection, then add the WMTS service to your map (these steps are outlined below).
- Connect to a WMTS server in the Catalog window, choose a tile service, then drag it into your map.
- Click the Add Data button on the Standard toolbar to open the Add Data dialog box.
- Click the Look in arrow and choose GIS Servers. This gives you a list of servers you have previously used.
If the server you want is not listed, you can connect to a WMTS server.
- After connecting to a WMTS server, the service is shown in the Add Data dialog box with this icon: .
- Select this service.
- Click Add.
The service is added as a map layer.