Setting up the Street Placement style general and end of street parameters
- Ensure that you have the Maplex Label Engine enabled and that you have specified the Street Placement style for labeling.
- Click the Label Manager button on the Labeling toolbar.
- Check the box next to the layer you want to label.
- Choose a label class under the layer.
- Click the Properties button. The Placement Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Label Position tab.
- Click the Options button.
- Optionally, check the May place label horizontal and centered on the street check box.
- Optionally, check the Reduce the leading of stacked labels that overrun the end of the street check box.
- Optionally, check the May place primary name under street ending when label is stacked check box.
- Optionally, type a value for Preferred end of street clearance. This is measured as a percentage of the average width of a character in the font. A value of 500 places five character spaces between the end of the street feature and the edge of the label text. If the preferred placement for the label is obstructed, the minimum end of street clearance is used instead.
- Optionally, type a value for Minimum end of street clearance. This is measured as a percentage of the average width of a character in the font. A value of 200 places two character spaces between the end of the street feature and the edge of the label text.
- Click OK to close all dialog boxes.
If the Options button is unavailable, you will need to choose Street Placement from the line label placement style drop-down list. The street placement parameters are only available for label classes that are placed with Street Placement.
You can also open the Placement Properties dialog box by clicking the Placement Properties button on the Labels tab of the Layer Properties dialog box for the layer you want to label.