Enabling the Street Placement style
- Enable the Maplex Label Engine.
- Click the Label Manager button on the Labeling toolbar.
- Check the box next to the layer you want to label.
- Choose a label class under the layer.
- Choose Street Placement from the line label placement style drop-down list.
- Optionally, click Position, choose a different label placement position for your street features, then click OK.
- Click OK to close all dialog boxes.
The label position can change when you choose the Street Placement style. This is because there are four placement positions for street features: Centered Curved, Offset Curved, Centered Straight, and Offset Straight.
You can also use the Labels tab on the Layer Properties dialog box to set labeling properties.