Choosing a feature layer as the AOI for added map sheets
When adding map sheets, you can select areas of interest (AOIs) from a feature layer in the data frame.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > MPS Atlas.
- Click the MPS Atlas window button on the MPS Atlas toolbar.
The MPS Atlas window appears.
- If necessary add a map sheet by right-clicking the map series and choosing Add Map Sheets.
- Click the Feature Layer option in the Area of Interest list on the Select Area Of Interest dialog box.
- Click the Data Frame drop-down arrow and choose the data frame you want to use.
- Click the Feature Layer drop-down arrow and choose the feature layer you want to use.
- Click the Name Field drop-down arrow and choose the field you want to use to assign a name to each map sheet.
Click Select Features.
The Select Features dialog box appears.
- Use the zooming tools to focus on your particular area of interest, or use the selection tools to choose a particular set of features from the feature class.