Choosing a feature class as the AOI for added map sheets
When adding map sheets, you can select areas of interest (AOIs) from a geodatabase feature class.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > MPS Atlas.
- Click the MPS Atlas window button on the MPS Atlas toolbar.
The MPS Atlas window appears.
- If necessary add a map sheet by right-clicking the map series and choosing Add Map Sheets.
Click Feature Class in the Area of Interest list on the Select Area Of Interest dialog box.
The Selection dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the feature class you want to use.
The Feature Class text box is populated with the selected feature class. An associated field appears by default in the Name Field drop-down list.
- Click the Name Field drop-down arrow and choose the field you want to use to assign a name to each map sheet.
Click Select Features.
The Select Features dialog box appears.
- Use the zooming tools to focus on your particular area of interest, or use the selection tools to choose a particular set of features from the feature class.