Setting up a dynamic scale for data frame manager properties
The scale and extent options are used to set the scale and control the size of the data frame. Extent controls the possible interactions between the size of the data frame and the extent of the AOI feature. Scale and extent are dependent on one another. A change in one has the ability to affect the other.
The scale can be dynamic (variable).
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > MPS Atlas.
Click the Show Data Frame Manager Properties button on the MPS Atlas toolbar.
The Data Frame Managers dialog box appears.
- Click to choose a data frame manager .
The Data Frame Manager Properties dialog box appears.
- Click the Scale and Extent tab.
Click the Dynamic Scale option.
Choose either the Do Not Resize Data Frame or Set Data Frame Size option.
- The Do Not Resize Data Frame option allows you to stretch or shrink the data frame interactively. The data frame will not be resized, and the AOI feature is scaled to fit within the resulting data frame.
- The Set Data Frame Size option sets the data frame to a fixed height and width. If you attempt to interactively resize it, it will return to the specified size. If you choose this option, you need to define the data frame's size in the Width and Height text boxes.
Type a value in the Width and Height text boxes.
These values represent the width and height of the data frame if you have chosen to maintain its size and define it accordingly.
Click the Units drop-down arrows for the width and height and choose the unit of measurement you want to use to define the data frame's extent for each one.
The available units of measurement range from inches, points, and centimeters to nautical miles, decimal degrees, and decimeters. If you have changed the units for either the height or width, you must be sure to change it for the other so they match.注:
The Unit Type drop-down list indicates that page units are being used. Page units use the designated number of page units to determine the size of the data frame. Map units set the data frame based on the AOI feature's size.
- Click OK.