Reshaping representations (Defense Mapping)
You can use the Reshape Representation tool to edit representation geometry. Reshaping a selected polygon or polyline results in a shape override. An override is an exception to a representation rule for an individual feature.
Representations can only be reshaped if the Store change to geometry as representation overrides option is enabled on the Representation Properties dialog box. If the Change geometry of the supporting feature option is enabled, you can only reshape the representation with editing tools because the underlying geometry of the feature is modified along with the representation.
The geometry of free representations cannot be reshaped using the Reshape Representation tool.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Cartography Editing.
- If necessary, start editing.
- Verify that you have representations in your target feature class.
Select a feature to select the representation you want to reshape.
You can only reshape one representation at a time.
- Click the Reshape Representation button on the Production Cartography Editing toolbar.
Click to draw a sketch that represents the new representation shape of the selected feature.
The sketch must cross the existing feature's shape two times.
Double-click the end node to finish the sketch.
The representation is reshaped.