Cutting and pasting features (Defense Mapping)
The Production Cut And Paste tool can be used to cut selected features from one feature class and paste them into a target feature class in one step. It deletes selected features from the original feature layer and pastes them into a target feature layer only when the following conditions are met:
- The selected features are in the same feature class.
- The source feature class has the same geometry type as the target feature class.
In the example below, an administrative area is pasted as a foreshore area.
The Production Cut And Paste tool is not enabled on the toolbar unless you are in an edit session.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing Advanced.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.提示:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Select Features button on the Tools toolbar and select features from one feature class.
- On the Create tab on the Manage Features window, select the feature class to which the selected features are going to be pasted/moved.
- Click the Production Cut And Paste button on the Production Editing Advanced toolbar.
The tool deletes the selected features from the source feature class and pastes them into the template's feature class.