Moving an element in the element library (Defense Mapping)
Once a layout element is in the database, the Database Elements dialog box allows you to cut and paste between different solutions, products, and categories using the tree view. The Database Elements dialog box provides a user interface for an element library.
You can also move products and categories, which also moves everything beneath it in the tree view.
- Start ArcMap.
- Change the map to layout view.
- On the main menu, click Insert > Database Element.
The Database Element dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the element you want to move.
- Right-click the element and click Cut.
- Navigate to the category to which you want to add the element.
Right-click the category and click Paste.
The element is added to the category you chose.
- Click Close.