Assigning permissions to users (Defense Mapping)
Permissions are passed down to all products within a given series. For example, if a user is given permission to one or more series below a particular class or solution, the user has access to those entries. By default, the permissions for a user are set to Not Available, but there are a total of four different levels:
- Not Available—The series and all components beneath it are hidden from the user.
- Read Only—Properties can be viewed for all levels of the product library.
- Check In/Check Out—Files can be checked in and out.
- Edit—Product library levels can be added, modified, and removed, and files can be checked in and out.
This only applies if you are using an ArcSDE geodatabase as your product library. Personal and file geodatabase permissions are defined by the user's permissions at the operating system level.
- Start ArcMap.
If necessary, open the Product Library window by clicking Customize > Production > Product Library on the main menu.
A tree view of the product library appears.
- If necessary, expand Product Library and Products.
- Navigate to the series level of the product class for which you want to assign permissions.
Right-click the series name and click Permissions.
The Permissions dialog box appears.
- Click the Permissions drop-down arrow for the user to whom you want to grant permissions and choose an option.
- Repeat step 6 for all users to whom you want to give permissions.