Copying metadata attribute values (Defense Mapping)
You might find that some features in your database do not have the feature-level metadata attributes populated or the features have the wrong metadata values. You can update the values for all or some of the feature-level metadata attributes by copying the attribute values. These attribute values are stored and can be pasted on the attributes for a selected feature on the Update tab.
Copying metadata attributes modifies the feature so only those fields that are configured to populate when a feature is modified are updated. Other feature-level metadata fields keep their original value.
The Copy Metadata command can be used to store the metadata attributes in memory. This allows you to choose which selected features to apply the values to as well as change the selection set and continue to apply the metadata values to the newly selected features.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.提示:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Metadata tab on the Manage Features window.
- Right-click the Metadata tab and ensure that the Use FCT Metadata option is checked.
Click to choose a metadata favorite in the Metadata Favorites list.
The attributes and the attribute values saved in the metadata favorite appear in the Metadata Attributes window.
Check the check boxes next to the metadata values you want to copy.
To copy all the values, you do not need to check any of the check boxes.
- Right-click the Metadata tab and click Copy Metadata.
- Select one or more features in the map.
- Click the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
The attributes for the selected features appear on the Metadata Attributes window.
- Select the feature for which you want to paste the metadata values.
You can choose an individual feature to which to paste the values, or you can choose a subtype or layer and paste the values to all the features selected from that subtype or layer.
- Right-click the Update tab and click Paste Metadata.
The copied attributes appear in blue on the Metadata Attributes window.
- If you do not want to apply some of the values, uncheck the check boxes next to those attribute names.
- Click Apply on the Metadata Attributes window.
The checked metadata attributes are applied to the features.