Cleaning the product library (Defense Mapping)
Once you have set up the product library, there are basic processes that can be used to maintain the database.
The Cleanup command removes files that are not referenced by (linked to) any part of the product library and replaces missing/corrupt control files such as template or product MXDs. For instance, you could have a file stored in the product library that is not associated with any of the components and once the command is run, it deletes it.
The Cleanup command performs the following:
- Removes unused product library files that have been added or copied into the database through the file manager
- Removes unused versions of files referenced in the product library
- Removes spatial references that are not referenced by any files in the product library
- Removes databases associated with instances that are not being used
- Repairs missing or corrupt template and product .mxd files
- Repairs missing spatial references in a solution with the one from the AOI for that solution or with the default spatial reference (WGS 1984)
Only the admin/schema owner can run the cleanup process.
- Start ArcMap.
- If your product library is stored in an enterprise geodatabase, ensure that all users are disconnected.
If necessary, open the Product Library window by clicking Customize > Production > Product Library on the main menu.
A tree view of the product library appears.
Right-click Product Library and click Cleanup.
The Cleaning Product Library dialog box appears with the progress of the cleanup, which removes any unused product library files, versions, spatial references, and instance databases.
- Click OK when the process completes.