Changing the rule description (Defense Mapping)
As necessary, rules can be modified to accommodate data model changes.
If you choose multiple rules in the rules table, you see only the properties that are common to all the rules appearing in the Properties pane, although you can edit any of them.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Symbology.
Click the Visual Specifications button on the Production Symbology toolbar.
The Visual Specifications dialog box appears.
The Visual Specifications Advanced View dialog box appears displaying rules saved in the selected specifications.
- Click the rule you want to edit in the rules table.
- Double-click the Rule Description cell in the Properties pane.
- Type a new rule description in the cell.
- Press ENTER when you are finished.