Configuring annotation groupings (Defense Mapping)
Each style has a preset number of annotation groups, and each group can have its own unique symbol. The number of groups displayed in the Groupings tree view corresponds to the graphic associated with its style. The graphic indicates the number of splits and where they occur.
- Display Leading Zeros—Allows leading zeros in values to be displayed. If a numeric style is chosen and all digits within a group are zeros, they will only display if this check box is checked.
- Display Zero Values—Allows values that contain all zeros to be displayed. If all digits within an annotation group are zeros, they will only display if this check box is checked.
- Group Prefix—A character string that is prefixed to the beginning of each group. ArcMap font tags are honored in this input box.
- Group Suffix—A character string that is added to the end of each group. ArcMap font tags are honored in this input box.
- Symbol—Allows the selection of a unique symbol for each group.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Cartography.
- Click the Grids and Graticules Designer window button on the Production Cartography toolbar.
- Create or load a grid that has annotation.
- Expand nodes in the Grid tree view until you find an annotation node.
Double-click the annotation node.
The Annotation Properties window appears.
- Click the Anno General tab.
In the Style area, you can check the Remember groups settings check box if you want to persist changes and have the settings applied to groups in an annotation style, such as symbol properties, group prefix and suffix, direction, and more. This allows you to switch between different annotation styles without losing any previous work. This is a global setting that applies to all annotation styles.
- In the Groupings area, click an annotation group to edit.
- Click Symbol.
- Set the appropriate symbol properties for the chosen symbol.
- Click OK.
- To prevent the annotation group from being displayed, uncheck the check box next to its name.
- To display leading zeros in a value, check the Display Leading Zeros check box.
- To display annotation groups that only have zeros, check the Display Zero Values check box.
- If necessary, type a string to use as a prefix for the annotation group in the Group Prefix text box.
- If necessary, type a string to use as a suffix for the annotation group in the Group Suffix text box.