Introduction to the ArcGIS for Aviation tutorial (Aviation)
This tutorial will provide an introduction to a sample of the functionality available within the ArcGIS for Aviation extension. It is comprised of three exercises along with a sample set of data. The first exercise will guide you through the use of automated data quality control checks. The second exercise will guide you through the creation of obstacle identification surfaces (OIS).The third exercise will guide you through the process of analyzing obstacle data against an OIS.
It is recommended that you complete the ArcGIS Desktop III training course or possess an equivalent level of knowledge to complete this tutorial.
The tutorial data can be accessed from ArcGIS.com.
This is not an official dataset. This data has been created by Esri solely for the purpose of this tutorial.
The following software must be installed:
- ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Desktop—Standard
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Desktop
- ArcGIS for Aviation:Charting or Airports
- ArcGIS 3D Analyst
The tutorial is divided into a series of three exercises.
- Exercise 1 demonstrates how to use Data Reviewer with existing quality control checks to verify the quality of source data.
- Exercise 2 demonstrates how to create an OIS along with the data requirements and how to create surfaces based on FAA and ICAO specifications.
- Exercise 3 demonstrates how to take OIS features and analyze data to determine the clearance or penetration of an obstacle feature against a surface.