Adding the terminal arrival area element to the chart layout (Aviation)
The Terminal Arrival Area (TAA) element appears in the plan view of an instrument approach procedure (IAP) and provides safe altitude and distance information. It contains three parts that reflect the straight-in, right-base, and left-base areas for the approach.
You can add this element to the map layout, as designated by your chart specification.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- Ensure that the TerminalProcedures table has been added to the table of contents.
- Open the Layer Properties dialog box and set a definition query such that the GFID matches the TerminalProcedure_ID value on the TAA feature class.注:
The query must return a minimum of two separate elements that represent the TAA sectors.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Terminal Procedure.
- Click the Terminal Arrival Area button on the Aviation Terminal Procedures toolbar.
The terminal arrival area element is added to the chart layout.