Upgrading a production database with versions (Aviation)
The Upgrade Production Database geoprocessing tool and the command in the Product Library window update all the components necessary for your geodatabase to perform as a production database. This is necessary if there was an upgrade on the schema and your database is missing tables. The current production database will show an Out of date message.
If you use versioning and need to upgrade the production database, you will need to upgrade the DEFAULT version first then reconcile the child versions.
Upgrading the production database
You can only perform the upgrade if you connect as the schema owner for the workspace.
The upgrade process needs an exclusive schema lock on all tables, so only one person can be connected to it. If someone else is trying to edit the tables, such as changing the associated data model versions, there will be conflicting schema locks.
The steps in this topic use the Upgrade Production Database geoprocessing tool, but the upgrade can also be performed with the Upgrade Production Database command in the Product Library window.
- Start ArcMap.
- Connect as the schema owner to the DEFAULT version.
Click the ArcToolbox button on the Standard toolbar.
The ArcToolbox window appears.
- Expand Production Mapping Tools > Product Library.
- Double-click Upgrade Production Database.
The Upgrade Production Database dialog box appears.
- Click the Workspace for Production Database browse button and navigate to the workspace you want to upgrade.
- Click the Configuration Keyword (optional) drop-down arrow and choose an option.
For an ArcSDE geodatabase, you can choose DEFAULTS unless you have configured a different ArcSDE configuration keyword.
- DEFAULTS—Stores data up to 1 TB in size; text is stored in UTF8 format.
- TEXT_UTF16—Stores data up to 1 TB in size; text is stored in UTF16 format.
- MAX_FILE_SIZE_4GB—Limits data size to 4 GB; text is stored in UTF8 format.
- MAX_FILE_SIZE_256TB—Stores data up to 256 TB in size; text is stored in UTF8 format.
- Click OK.
The Upgrading Production Database Workspace dialog box appears with the progress.
- Click OK when the process completes.
If the production database supports at least one of the Esri 制图和制表解决方案, it upgrades the tables that are part of the extension listed in the ToolTip. The production database will also display (Missing Extensions) next to Production Data if the production database supports an Esri Mapping and Charting solution that is not installed.
For non-ArcGIS for Maritime:Charting product libraries with a workspace schema prior to 10.1, the upgrade tool will create 海事制表 component tables by default to enable 海事制表 support in the product library workspace. For product libraries with a 10.1 or newer workspace schema, the upgrade tool will upgrade these tables only if the 海事制表 extension is already being supported by the product library workspace.
Reconciling the child versions
You can now reconcile the child versions in batch through the Catalog window. This workflow will reconcile all changes from the parent to child versions, including all data edits. You can alternatively reconcile manually and per child version using the Versioning toolbar.
- In the Catalog window, right-click on the geodatabase and click Administration > Administer Geodatabase.
The Geodatabase Administration dialog box appears.
- Select all child versions, right-click the selection, then click Reconcile Version.
The Reconcile Versions dialog box appears.
- Click OK to accept all the defaults.
- Close the Reconcile Versions Results dialog box when the process completes.
If needed, you can post the changes from the child versions to the DEFAULT version.