Adding a specification rule (Aviation)
During the management process, you might need to add a new rule to a specification that is being used remotely. Using this method for adding rules, you can add the rules to the rules table and later apply them to data in a workspace.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Symbology.
Click the Visual Specifications button on the Production Symbology toolbar.
The Visual Specifications dialog box appears.
- Select one or more specifications from the list to add new rules in the specifications.
The Visual Specifications Advanced View dialog box appears displaying rules saved in the selected specifications.
Click Options > New Rule.
The New Rule dialog box appears.
- Click the Choose Specification drop-down arrow and choose the specification for which to create the rule.
- Click the Layer drop-down arrow and choose the layer to use.
- Choose the rule type in the Rule Type area.
You can also add a rule by right-clicking the rules table and clicking Add Rule.
The new rule appears on the Visual Specifications dialog box.
- Configure the properties for the type of rule you created: