Adding a related object (Aviation)
When a relationship class has been created between a table and feature class, you can associate the table rows with features. This creates a link between the table row and the feature. Adding a new related object to a feature automatically creates a new record in the table and links the feature with a new row in the table. If the relationship is many to many, the same record can be associated with all the features you select. If it is a one-to-one or one-to-many relationship, you may only be able to associate the record with one feature.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.提示:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
- Select the feature to which you want to add a related table row.
- Click the plus sign (+) to expand the feature node and view the relationship class.
- Right-click the relationship class and click Add New.
A new record appears in the table for the related feature.