Including selected features (Aviation)
It is not uncommon for a feature that falls outside of a chart's area of interest (AOI) to be depicted on that chart for cartographic purposes. In this situation, the Include Selected Feature(s) tool can be used to create a cartographic exception for the feature.
The cartographic exceptions created by the Include Selected Feature(s) tool are used by the Carto Commander tool when creating, modifying, or deleting cartographic features.
- Start ArcMap.
- Ensure that the correct product library and production database are set.
- Ensure that the layers for which you are creating cartographic exceptions are sourced to the same production database version as that which was chosen by clicking Customize > Production > Production Properties and clicking the Data Management pane.
- On the Product Library window, use the tree view to browse to the instance for which to create exceptions.
- Click the instance once to highlight the entry on the Product Library window.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Editing.
- Click the Production Start Editing button on the Aviation Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.提示:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Select one or more master features in one or more feature classes.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Data Management.
- Click the Include Selected Feature(s) button on the Aviation Data Management toolbar.
The features are stored in the PLTS_CartoExceptions table located in the current production database and are included for cartographic feature processing by the Carto Commander tool.