Modifying existing features by moving vertices (Aviation)
The Edit Vertices tool allows you to edit existing features individually by moving vertices on the feature. For example, you may need to change the shape of a built-up area feature if it has expanded or become smaller over time. The Edit Vertices tool exposes the vertices on the feature. Once they are exposed, you can move them as needed to change the shape of the feature.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.提示:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Select the line or polygon feature you want to reshape using the Select Features tool on the Tools toolbar or the Edit tool on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Click the Edit Vertices button on the Production Editing toolbar.
- Modify the feature by moving vertices in the shape.
- When you are finished making modifications, right-click the feature and click Finish Sketch to complete the task.
- Save your edits by clicking the Save Edits button on the Production Editing toolbar.