Removing a single item from a relationship (Aviation)
As needed, you can remove a related feature or table record from a related feature. This can occur when you need to change the table record or feature with which another feature is related. For instance, you may need to remove a relationship between a feature and a table record because the table record is related to a different feature. To create a relationship between a different feature and the table record, the relationship must be removed between the current feature and table record.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.提示:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Update tab on the Manage Features window.
- Select the feature for which you want to remove a related feature or table record.
- Click the plus sign (+) to expand the feature node and view the relationship class.
- Right-click the relationship node you want to remove and click Remove From Relationship.
If the field being used as the foreign key cannot accept null values, the item cannot be removed from the relationship.