Adding a new runway to an instrument approach profile view (Aviation)
You can add an additional runway with the Add Runway tool. The newly created runway is created with the same size, style, and color as the existing runway in the instrument approach profile view. The new runway is added beyond the existing runway (to the right of the original runway in a left-to-right procedure), as shown in the image below.
If there is not sufficient space for the new runway, a message is displayed indicating that some of the elements should be moved to create space for the new runway. The horizontal movement of the new runway is restricted to the edge of the original runway and the edge of the instrument approach profile view.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click View > Layout View.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Terminal Procedure.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Profile Edit.
- Click the Edit Instrument Approach Profile button on the Aviation Terminal Procedure toolbar.
- Click an existing runway in the instrument approach profile view to select it.
- Click the Add Runway button on the Aviation Profile Edit toolbar.
An additional runway is added to the instrument approach profile view.
You can delete additional runways by selecting each one and pressing the DELETE key on the keyboard.