Fixing incomplete templates by making the missing template layer visible (Aviation)
One reason that a composite template may be displayed as incomplete is because one of the layers that contains the feature templates used in the composite template is not visible in the table of contents. This can be resolved by making the layer visible in the table of contents.
Use this method to fix the incomplete template if the missing feature template layer is already loaded in the table of contents.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, load data in the map.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.提示:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Click the Create tab on the Manage Features window.
- Double-click a composite template on the Create tab on the Manage Features window.提示:
You can also right-click a composite template and click Properties.
The Composite Templates Properties dialog box appears and shows the list of templates used in the composite template.
The same red symbol appears next to the templates that are not loaded or visible in the table of contents.
- Identify the layer that contains the missing feature template.
- Click OK.
- Make the layer visible in the map by checking the check box next to its name on the Table Of Contents window.
There are many things that could affect the visibility of the layer beyond it being disabled in the table of contents. If the layer still does not appear, ensure that a definition query or scale dependency is not set to hide the features in the layer.