Replacing a definition query for a single layer (Aviation)
You can replace a definition query for a single layer. This allows ArcMap to limit features displayed for a specific chart.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Aviation Data Management.
Click the Feature Display Settings button on the Aviation Data Management toolbar.
The Feature Display Settings dialog box appears.
- If necessary, click the Definition Queries tab.
In the Feature Layers list, click the name of the feature layer for which you want to define the definition query.
Checking the check box next to the feature layer will not select it.
The Define Query Expression dialog box appears.
- Modify the query as needed.
The Verifying Expression message box appears and indicates whether or not the expression is valid.
- Click OK to close the message box.
The Definition Queries tab appears with the modified query in the Single query (selected item) text box.
- In the Feature Layers list, check the check box next to the feature layer whose definition query you want to update.
A message appears indicating which feature layer definition query has been updated.
- Click the Close button to close the Feature Display Settings dialog box.