Accessing element metadata (Aviation)
Element metadata provides information about an element. Metadata includes the following information:
- ELM_ID—An element's unique identifier
- Last Modified—The date of the most recent modification to an element
- Creation Date—The date of an element's initial storage in the database
- Increment—The number of times an element has been resaved in the database
- Editor—The user name of the most recent editor of an element
You can access an element's metadata through the Layout window.
- Start ArcMap.
- If necessary, click the Layout window button on the Production Cartography toolbar to display the Layout window.
- Right-click the element whose metadata you want to view and click Properties.
The Properties dialog box appears. The dialog box title displays the element name next to the word Properties. For example, for an element named Legend, the dialog box title is Legend Properties.
- Click the Element Metadata tab to view the element's metadata attributes.
- Click OK when you are finished viewing the metadata.