Creating segments from point geometries (Aviation)
To create new geometries from existing features, you may need to create lines based on points calculated by other functions or vertices within a geometry. The Create Segment tool allows you to do this using two selected point geometries.
Using the Geodetic library, this tool creates a geodesic segment, which is the shortest surface path connecting two points and is actually a geodensified curve. With the Cartesian library, the segment roughly approximates a geodesic segment.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the main menu, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Editing.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Toolbars > Production Feature Builder.
Click the Feature Builder button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
The Feature Builder window appears.提示:
The Feature Builder window can be placed anywhere in ArcMap, or in the Table Of Contents window, with the aid of the arrows showing the possible placement positions.
- Verify that the feature builder scratch dataset is loaded in your map.
Click the Production Start Editing button on the Production Editing toolbar.
The Manage Features and Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes windows automatically appear when you start an edit session using the Production Start Editing tool.提示:
If the Create Attributes, Update Attributes, or Metadata Attributes window does not appear when you start an edit session, click the Show/Hide Attributes button on the Manage Features window.
- Choose the feature builder scratch database as your editing workspace.
- Select two point geometries.
- Click the Create Segment button on the Production Feature Builder toolbar.
A segment appears between the two points.