Symbol galleries define the sets of symbols available for you to apply to layers. The ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight provides a number of galleries containing many symbols by default. The easiest way to explore the existing symbol galleries is to open the Configuration panel for a layer and click Symbology to open the Scheme Options flyout. Information on exploring symbol galleries and selecting a symbol is provided in this topic.
Exploring symbol galleries
In the Application Builder, symbol galleries are available on the Symbology flyout on the Configure Layer panel:
Selecting a symbol
Once you know where to access symbol galleries and symbols, specifying a symbol is straightforward and accomplished with the following steps:
- Choose the layer to specify a symbol for from the Configure Layers panel.
- Right-click the layer and click Configure. Alternatively, click the Configure button at the bottom of the panel.
- Click Symbology to display the symbology configuration options.
- Expand the value you wish to set the symbol for and choose the desired gallery:
- Choose the symbol to apply to the value:
- Depending on the symbol type, you can adjust the symbol's size, color, transparency, and line or border thickness.
Once you select or modify a symbol, the applicable features on the map are updated with the new symbology.