Adding and managing tools and toolbars
You can configure tools and toolbars in your Viewer application by using the Add Tool and Manage buttons on the Tools tab on the Application Builder toolbar. Use the Add Tool button to add tools to the Viewer toolbars. Use the Manage button to remove, reorder, and configure tools that have already been added to the toolbars. If custom or third-party tools have been uploaded to the Application Builder as an add-in, they will appear in these dialog boxes along with the out-of-the-box tools. For more information about creating custom tools, see Creating a Tool.
- On the Tools tab of the Application Builder, click Add Tool. The Add Tool wizard appears.
- Select the desired tool and click Next.
- Specify the Toolbar on which to place the tool. Additionally, specify the label, tooltip, and icon if desired.
- Click OK. In the Viewer preview, the tool will immediately be added to the specified toolbar.
- On the Tools tab of the Application Builder, click Manage. The Manage Toolbars dialog box appears. All available tools are listed on the left side of the dialog box and the current tools are listed on the right.
- On the Manage Toolbars dialog box, you can manipulate the tools in the application as follows:
- To add a tool, select any of the available tools and click the arrow icon in the middle of the dialog box.
- To add a group or separator to a toolbar, click the drop-down arrow on the Add button and click Add Group or Add Separator.
- To rearrange the order of tools on toolbars in the application, select a tool under Current Toolbars and click the Up or Down arrows.
- To remove a tool, select the tool in the Current Toolbars list and click the Remove button (red X) at the bottom of the list.
- To edit the tool's properties, select a tool and click the Edit button at the bottom of the Current Toolbars list. The Edit Tool dialog box displays allowing you to modify the Label, ToolTip, and Icon. Additionally, if the tool is configurable, the Configure button will be enabled on the Edit Tool dialog box. Click Configure to display the configuration dialog box.
The Viewer contains six different toolbars you may configure using the Application Builder. You may add, remove, and configure the default tools on each:
- Main Toolbar—Choose Basemap, Map Contents, Attribute Table, Search, Select, Clear Selection
- Layer Toolbar—Refresh, Go To, Service Details
- Layer Context Menu—Refresh, Go To, Service Details
- Attribute Table toolbar—Select All, Zoom to Selection, Export Selection, Clear Selection, Filter by Map Extent
- Filter Records Toolbar—Show All, Show Selected, Show Unselected
- Pop-up Toolbar—Add Attachment, Delete Feature, Edit Shape, Edit Values
The following table lists the default tools provided with the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight:
Gets measurements from existing features or by drawing on the map
Shows the About dialog box
Filter by Map Extent
Only shows records for features within the current map extent
Shows or hides the editing tools
A tool that uses an ArcGIS Server Geoprocessing Service. See Adding Geoprocessing tasks for more information.
Specifies the appearance and behavior of the selected layer
Filters the features in the selected layer based on an attribute query
Go To Layer
Zooms to the selected layer
Moves the layer's display order one position closer to the bottom of the map
Moves the layer's display order one position closer to the top of the map
Refreshes the selected layer
Removes the selected layer from the map
Opens the service endpoint for the selected layer
Opens the attribute table for the selected layer
Add GeoRSS feed
Adds a GeoRSS feed to the map
Configure and view bookmarkds in the map
Adds data to the map by browsing to an ArcGIS Server endpoint
Chooses a basemap for the map
Opens the map contents panel to view the map's layers
Adds an attachment to the feature
Removes the feature from the layer
Modifies the feature's geometry
Modifies the feature's attribute values
Prints the map
Get Related Records
Retrieves a feature's related records
Retrieves features from a layer based on a query defined during configuration and values input by the user
Searches for places or ArcGIS Server services
Clears the selection from the current layer
Exports the attributes of the selected features in the current layer to a .csv file
Finds features near the current selection
Selects features by drawing a box around them in the map
Selects all the features in the current layer
Zooms to the selected features in the current layer