Editing service properties in ArcGIS for Desktop
Using ArcCatalog or the Catalog window in ArcGIS for Desktop, you can quickly edit the properties of a service.
To edit the properties of a service, follow these steps:
- In the Catalog tree, expand the GIS Servers node.
- Double-click Add ArcGIS Server and establish an Administer GIS server connection type to the server. If you already have an administrative connection set up, you can skip this step. For instructions on how to connect, see Making an administrative connection to ArcGIS Server in ArcGIS for Desktop.
- Within your connection to ArcGIS Server, right-click the service you want to edit and choose Service Properties.
- Edit the properties of your service by stepping through the tabs on the left panel of the Service Editor.
- On the Service Editor, click OK. The edits to your service are applied immediately.