Setting up the Informix Setnet32 application
Be sure the Setnet32 application is properly configured to connect directly to Informix. If you plan to connect to Informix using a DSNless connection string, you must set a default server.
- When the Setnet32 application opens, make sure the following variables are set to your installation: INFORMIXDIR, INFORMIXSERVER, and INFORMIXSQLHOSTS. If they are not, you must set them manually by typing the appropriate information in each text box.
- Click the Server Information tab and check the information to make sure it contains the correct values for your Informix installation. If it does not, type the correct values in the Informix Server, Host name, Protocol name, and Service Name text boxes.
Click the Host Information tab and make sure the information for your configuration is correct. If it is not, do the following:
- Choose the Informix server from the Current Host drop-down list.
- Type the name of the connecting user in the User Name text box.
- Choose Password from the Password Option drop-down list.
- Type the connecting user's password in the Password text box.
- Click OK.