Business Analyst Server is a solution product that extends ArcGIS for Server at the Workgroup Advanced and Enterprise Advanced editions. Business Analyst Server adds business geo-intelligence capabilities to a map service. You can use it to support both small workgroups and large, enterprise-wide projects.
How to install Esri Business Analyst Server
There are two setup executables that you will run in order to install Business Analyst Server:
- Esri Business Analyst Server: A business GIS solution consisting of tools and functions specifically designed to perform spatially enabled business analyses using geointelligent data stored on Web-accessible servers.
Business Analyst Server Solution includes
- ArcGIS for Server software (enterprise or workgroup level)
- Esri Business Analyst Server software
- ArcEditor Desktop software
- Esri Business Analyst Premium
- Esri demographic, consumer expenditure and lifestyle segmentation data
- Dun & Bradstreet business listings, Directory of Major Malls shopping center listings
- NAVTEQ background maps, boundaries and street data
- Esri Business Analyst 2014 Data: Esri Business Analyst Desktop 2014 data - Business, consumer spending, demographic, and segmentation datasets bundled together to help you analyze markets, profile customers, evaluate competitors, and identify opportunities. This includes a nationwide street network from NAVTEQ, Esri Updated Demographic data for multiple levels of geography (block groups, census tracts, ZIP Codes, counties, and so on), an address geocoding service, more than 23 million business locations from Dun & Bradstreet, an extensive shopping center database, and Esri's USA Tapestry segmentation data. The Tapestry Segmentation data is included at the block group geography level. See Esri Data for more details on the data that is installed.
Business Analyst Server has the following features:
- Business Analyst GIS Server—Installs the Business Analyst Server Object Extension adding Business Analyst capabilities to ArcGIS for Server.
- Business Analyst Server Desktop Components—Installs functionality that enables ArcCatalog to administer Business Analyst Server instances.