What's new in ArcPad 10.2.3
Key areas with improvement in ArcPad 10.2.3 are data capture, feature symbology and synchronization workflows.
- Synchronizing line and polygon features no longer produces errors.
- Better handling of z values when capturing polygons.
- Support for symbology based on unique values, many fields.
- When using 2-point offset Reference Point B now retains last focus control when switching between apps, and this control is used when reacting to a range finder signal.
- New ArcPad System Camera module included for use on Windows 7 (or later) devices. This new module is specifically designed for users that have not been able to change the resolution of photos taken with the ArcPad Camera. This new module also includes the ability to switch between front and back cameras.
- Memory improvements observed at the start-up of a project on Windows Mobile devices. Some projects have been observed to have 0.5MB to 1MB more memory available on start-up.
- Memory improvements in ArcPad Sync on Windows Mobile devices. Some large projects have been observed to have no change in available memory after a sync has been performed.
ArcPad Data Manager
Creating a checkout using the ArcPad Data Manager no longer fails when connected to an enterprise geodatabase using a non-admin Windows authenticated owned version.
SHA-1 certificate support will be deprecated November 2016
Secured feature services and ArcPad Packages hosted in ArcGIS Online will continue to be available to users on devices that support SHA-2 certificates. This security type is available on Windows (XP, 7, 8.1, 10) and Windows Embedded HandHeld 6.5 devices that have been patched by the manufacturer. Devices with operating systems older than Windows Embedded HandHeld 6.5 cannot be patched. Devices that only support SHA-1 certificates, can only be supported by ArcGIS Online until November 2016 and will need to run ArcPad 10.2.3 as of December 2015.
This is an industry wide action to improve internet security. The following article describes Microsoft's position. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2986556. Esri has made contact with many hardware manufacturers who already provide, or are working on SHA-2 patches for Windows Embedded HandHeld 6.5 models. If you have questions about the availability of the SHA-2 patch for your Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 device we encourage you to contact the manufacturer.