An ArcGIS Server instance maintains a list of services and their properties, such as name, type, and folder. The Catalog service enables you to traverse and explore the services exposed by an ArcGIS Server instance. Each instance provides one Catalog service. An ArcGIS Server instance includes the ArcGIS Server web services application to handle SOAP requests and responses. The application is configured for use in a folder named services.
You can use the Catalog service to:
- Return the message format the instance can use.
- Return the folders (virtual directories) exposed by the instance.
- Return the ArcGIS Server version for the instance.
- Get a list of service descriptions to determine name, type, capabilities and URL endpoint.
- Determine if a token server is being used for authentication and if so provide the token service URL.
http://<host name>:<port number>/<arcgis instance>/services?wsdl
Gets a list of accessible folder names available on an ArcGIS Server site.
Gets the message types supported by the ArcGIS Server SOAP services.
Gets the ArcGIS Server version supported by the ArcGIS Server web services on this site.
Gets an array of service descriptions that provide information on the type, name, capabilities, and URL endpoint of ArcGIS Server web services available.
Gets an array of service descriptions that provide information on the type, name, capabilities, and URL endpoint of ArcGIS Server web services in a specific folder.
Gets the URL to an ArcGIS Server site token service used to generate tokens for clients.
Indicates if a token service has been enabled on an ArcGIS Server site.