What's new in ArcGIS Viewer 3.3 for Silverlight
This topic provides an overview of enhancments in version 3.3 of the ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight.
For changes in the previous version, refer to the What's new in 3.2 help topic.
The 3.3 release includes the following enhancements:
Support for multi-point geometry
The multi-point geometry type is used to represent features that are composed of several distinct point shapes, but are described with a single set of attributes. It is the point equivalent of a multi-part Polygon or Polyline. Point observations from lidar data, for example, are often represented in a feature class with multipoint geometry.
Layers with multi-point geometry can now be added to an ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight application.
Layer initialization is re-attempted using a proxy for layers that fail to initialize
Failure of layers to initialize is often caused by missing crossdomain.xml or clientaccesspolicy.xml files, or attempts to access resources cross-scheme (http from https or vice versa). Proxy endpoints are commonly used to circumvent such issues. If a Viewer application has a proxy URL defined, the Viewer will now attempt to re-initialize layers that have failed initialization using the specified proxy.
Support for OAuth 2 authentication for ArcGIS Online and Portal for ArcGIS services
Secured services can be accessed using ArcGIS token or OAuth authentication. OAuth logins allow app users to authorize with ArcGIS.com or an ArcGIS portal and access secured resources without the app handling the user's credentials. The viewer redirects the user to the login page on the remote server, then sends authorization to access resources for which the user has permission.
See Adding secured services for more information about implementing OAuth authentication in your viewer apps.
The following issues have been addressed with this release.
- NIM078067 – Token-secured basemaps cannot be accessed using sign-in functionality
- NIM078767 – KML files included as layers in a web map do not display
- NIM081930 – Picture marker symbols can be distorted when added to the Viewer
- NIM084144 – Export to CSV does not work properly for Unicode text
- NIM089798 – Point feature layers appear shifted slightly in some cases
- NIM090547 – Print tool should show failure message when URL to GP service (instead of task) is provided
- NIM091133 – Filter Layer does not work with secure services
- NIM092783 – Pop-ups are blank when certain characters are included in a field’s alias
- NIM090729 – Query Related Records does not honor the configured proxy
- NIM097098 – Web map reference layers are not displayed
- NIM097111 – Support layers with multi-point geometries
- NIM097379, NIM098976 – Cannot access token-secured services in Chrome or Firefox
- NIM099681 – Unable to connect to secure service via proxy unless proxy handles authentication
- NIM100732 – Document title does not update when Viewer application title is updated
- BUG-000082685 – Pop-ups cannot be enabled on sub-layers that only have three fields