Find nearby features
The Find Nearby tool allows you to find features in a layer within a specified distance of a selected feature or features. For example, if you have a Cities layer and an Airports layer, you could select a city from the Cities layer, then use the Find Nearby tool to locate features (airports) from the Airports layer within a specified distance of the selected city.
To find nearby features, complete the following steps:
- Select a feature on the map for use in the find nearby analysis. The Find Nearby tool will not be enabled until a feature is selected. (See Select features for more information).
- Click the Find Nearby button in the Selection group of
the Layer tab on the ArcGIS Map Web Part ribbon:
- On the Find Nearby dialog box, select the layer to query from the Layer drop-down list.
- Enter a distance in the
Distance text box:
- Select the distance unit type from the drop-down list:
- Click Find. This adds two new
layers to the map, one containing all the features retrieved by the
query and one containing the buffer that encompasses those