The ArcGIS Mapping Locators list specifies the locator services that are available for use by ArcGIS for SharePoint. The service endpoints specified by this list can be used by the ArcGIS Geocoding Workflow and ArcGIS Location Field to look up locations for list items.
The columns in the list are described in the following table:
The identifier for the locator service list item.
Determines the display name of the service when shown while configuring the ArcGIS Geocoding Workflow or Location Field.
The type of the locator service.
Supported locator types are those from ArcGIS Server.
Uniform resource locator (URL) to the Representational State Transfer (REST) endpoint for the locator service.
Determines if the item is the default locator when configuring the ArcGIS Geocoding workflow (only one can be true).
Navigating to the ArcGIS Mapping Locators list
Like the other ArcGIS for SharePoint configuration lists and libraries, you can navigate to the ArcGIS Mapping Locators list using the ArcGIS for SharePoint Administration links on the Site Settings page as shown in the following steps:
- Navigate to the Site Settings page by opening the Site Actions menu and clicking Site Settings:
- Under the ArcGIS for SharePoint Administration heading, click the Locators link:
Editing a locator
To edit a locator, complete the following steps:
- Open the item to edit by clicking the hyperlink in the Title field.
- On the form that appears, click the Edit Item button.
- Make your changes and click Save:
Adding a locator
To add a locator, complete the following steps:
- Click the Add new item hyperlink located at the bottom of the ArcGIS Mapping Locators list. The New Item dialog box appears.
- Enter the new locator's information and click Save:Once the item has been saved, the locator is available on the ArcGIS Geocoding Workflow configuration wizard's Locator page, as well as when editing an ArcGIS Location Field's properties.
Removing a locator
To remove a locator, complete the following steps:
- In the default view of the ArcGIS Mapping Locators list, choose the item to be removed by checking the check box next to it.
- Click Delete Items on the Items tab of the ribbon.
- Click OK when prompted. The locator will be removed from the list and will no longer available when configuring the ArcGIS Geocoding Workflow or ArcGIS Location Field.