Configuring geometry services
The ArcGIS Mapping Geometry Services list determines the geometry service endpoint used by ArcGIS for SharePoint to perform geometric operations. This is used, for instance, by the Find Nearby tool and by the ArcGIS Map Web Part to project list items to spatial references other than WGS84 (WKID 4326) and Web Mercator (WKID 102100).
The number of geometry services included in the list is static. You should not add or remove items to or from this list. However, you can edit the existing item to specify any ArcGIS Server geometry service. The following table describes the columns in the list:
The identifier for the geometry service list item.
The uniform resource locator (URL) to the ArcGIS Server geometry service.
If ArcGIS for SharePoint is unable to connect to the specified endpoint, it will attempt to use the ArcGIS Online geometry service.
Navigate to the ArcGIS Mapping Geometry Services list
Like the other ArcGIS for SharePoint configuration lists and libraries, you can easily navigate to the ArcGIS Mapping Geometry Services list using the ArcGIS for SharePoint Administration links on the Site Settings page as shown in the following steps:
- Navigate to the Site Settings page by opening the Site Actions menu and clicking Site Settings:
- Under the ArcGIS for SharePoint Administration heading, click the Geometry Service link:
Edit the geometry service
To edit a geometry service, complete the following steps:
- Open the item to edit by clicking the hyperlink in the Title field.
- Click Edit Item on the dialog box that appears.
- Make your changes and click Save: