The Setup.exe program included with ArcGIS for SharePoint provides an easy way to deploy to your SharePoint installation.
Install and deploy ArcGIS for SharePoint
To deploy ArcGIS for SharePoint, follow these steps:
- Double-click the Setup.exe file to open it. The installer performs a series of checks to ensure that the installation will be successful. If a check fails, the installer provides information about the failure.
- Once the checks have completed successfully, click Next.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA). If you agree to the terms of the EULA, click the check box and click Next.
- Choose the web applications or site collections on which to enable ArcGIS for SharePoint. In the Web Applications / Site Collections tree, each top-level node represents a SharePoint web application, while each child node represents a site collection. In the following screen capture, ArcGIS for SharePoint is being targeted for deployment to the site collection located at http://luxembourg/sites/demo and the web application located at http://luxembourg. Note:
If you target a web application, the ArcGIS for SharePoint feature will be available to all site collections within that web application. Therefore, for site collections that are not checked on this installer page but are within web applications that are checked, the ArcGIS for SharePoint feature will be available but not activated.
- Once you have selected the target web applications and site collections, click Next.The installer deploys and activates ArcGIS for SharePoint to the selected site collections.
- Once the operation is complete, click Next to view a log of the operations or Close to close the setup program.
Install the ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight
You only need to install the ArcGIS Extensibility SDK for Silverlight if you want to develop custom functionality by creating add-ins (See Extending the ArcGIS Map Web Part for more information).
- Double-click the ArcGISExtensibility.exe to begin the installation. The Welcome page of the install dialog box appears. Click Next to continue.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA). If you agree to the EULA, check I accept the terms in the License Agreement check box and click Next.
- Specify the folder in which to install the ArcGIS Extensibility features.
- Choose whether to Install ArcGIS API for Silverlight and click Install.