ArcGIS for SharePoint comes with a list, called ArcGIS Mapping Connections, that is used to specify the items that appear in the Browse panel drop-down menu by default. SharePoint users with read/write permissions on this list can add, remove, and edit the connections in the menu by manipulating the items in this list.
The following table describes the columns in the list:
The display name of the connection as it appears in the connections list.
The uniform resource locator (URL) to the SharePoint site, ArcGIS Server, or Spatial Data Service endpoint.
The data source type for the connection.
Supported types are SharePoint, ArcGIS Server, and Spatial Data Service.
Configuring the ArcGIS Mapping Connections list defines the default settings for new Map Web Parts. It does not change the behavior of existing web parts.
Navigate to the ArcGIS Mapping Connections list
Like the other ArcGIS for SharePoint configuration lists and libraries, you can easily navigate to the ArcGIS Mapping Connections list using the ArcGIS for SharePoint Administration links on the Site Settings page by completing the following steps:
- Navigate to the Site Settings page by opening the Site Actions menu and clicking Site Settings:
- Under the ArcGIS for SharePoint Administration heading, click the Connections link:
Edit a connection
To edit a connection, complete the following steps:
- Open the item to edit by clicking the hyperlink in the Title field.
- Click Edit Item.
- Make your changes and click Save:
Add a connection
To add a connection, complete the following steps:
- Click the Add new item hyperlink located at the bottom of the ArcGIS Mapping Connections list. The New Item form appears.
- Enter the new connection's information and click Save:The new connection will be available in the drop-down menu on the Browse panel:
Remove a connection
To remove a connection, in the standard view of the list, choose the item to be removed by checking the check box next to it. Click Delete Item on the Items tab of the ribbon:
The connection will no longer be available in the Browse drop-down menu.