Searching the web
The ArcGIS Map Web Part search functionality allows you to search for map, feature, and image services that are publicly available on the Internet.
Open the Search panel:
- Click Add Content on the Application tab of the web part ribbon. From the menu that appears, click Search:
Follow these steps to perform your search:
- Click The Web on the Search panel:
- Type your search criteria and click the magnifying glass icon or press Enter to execute the search. The results are listed on the Search panel below the search text box:
- Move the mouse pointer over a result to see more information about it. A pop-up window appears containing the service's URL, description, and copyright information:
- To add a result to the map, click the Add link for that result.