Deploying your application
You can use the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS to create exciting new applications for iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch devices. The following steps are required for you to deploy your applications:
1. Choose your Apple iOS Developer Program
An important factor in building your mobile solution for the iOS platform is your deployment and licensing agreement with Apple. The following three steps will guide you to a successful deployment:
- Enroll in the iOS Developer Program.
Developers that wish to distribute apps on the App Store should join the iOS Developer Standard Program as an Individual or as a Company. Developers who wish to create in-house applications for internal deployment should join the iOS Developer Enterprise Program
- Test your iOS Application.
During your development, you can leverage your developer program agreement with Apple by testing your iOS Touch devices using Xcode's graphical debugger, collect real-time performance data using Instruments' time line, and contact Apple technical support.
- Distribute your Application.
Depending upon your choice of a Standard or Enterprise program agreement, you can distribute your application in one of many ways (App Store, email, posting to a web site or server.
2. Review Esri's Licensing Agreement
You can find a copy of the licensing agreement here.
3. Attribute your application
You are required to attribute Esri in your iOS application. Attribution guidelines include:
- Attribution of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS .
About or Credit Screens must include the following text: "Mapping API provided by Esri ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS"
- Attribution of Map Data.
All map data used in an application must be attributed in about or credit screens using the "Copyright Text" section of the REST endpoint(s) being used. Example: ESRI_Imagery_World_2D service must use "Copyright:© 2009 ESRI, i-cubed, GeoEye"
- Esri Logo.
If your application uses data being served by Esri through ArcGIS Online, a logo on the map is required per the logo guidelines below. Examples of such data can be found here
Esri Logo Guidelines
The following guidelines should be followed when applying logo attribution:
- Minimum size of the logo is 43 x 25 pixels
- Place the logo directly on the map with no background
- Logo should be located in the bottom left corner of the map
- Do not apply transparency to the logo
- Should not overlap with another logo or visual component (excluding elements of the map)
- For retina display devices (iPhone 4.0 and new generation iPod Touch) use the double sized logo (86 x 50)
The above guidelines apply to all iOS Touch devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch).
Download the Esri logos.
Download a sample Xcode project that illustrates how to apply the Esri logo in your application
4. Fill out a deployment questionnaire
Fill out this deployment questionnaire and email it to email@example.com.
You should also consider publicizing your application through www.ArcGIS.com the way Esri does. This will help create awareness of your application in the user community and encourage users to try it out and contribute feedback. Send us a link to your application's page on www.ArcGIS.com and we will add it to the Gallery on the home page of the SDK Resource Center.