Uninstalling a SQL Server 2008 Express instance
Uninstalling SQL Server Express removes the SQL Server Express software, but the geodatabase files you created remain on the computer. If at a later time you reinstall SQL Server Express and want to use the geodatabase files you had previously created, you need to attach them or restore them from backup files.
- Open the Windows Control Panel.
- On Windows XP and Server 2003 operating systems (OS), double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon. On Windows Vista or Server 2008, double-click Programs and Features.
- Select Microsoft SQL Server 2008 from the program list.
- Click Remove. The wizard checks to confirm that the uninstallation can be run.
- Choose the SQL Server Express instance to uninstall on the Select Instance dialog box.
- Choose Database Engine Services on the Select Features dialog box and click Next.
- Click Remove to uninstall the instance of SQL Server 2008 Express.
- When the components have been successfully removed, click Next to proceed to the last dialog box.
- Click Close to exit the wizard.