Restarting a database server that was stopped or paused
If you stopped or paused a database server, you must restart it before users can connect to it again. If you stopped the database server, the operation to restart it is Start. If you paused the database server, the operation to restart it is Resume.
Only Windows administrators can start or resume a database server.
- Log in as a Windows administrator user that is also a server administrator, start ArcMap, and open the Catalog window.
- Expand the Database Servers node in the Catalog tree.
- Right-click the database server you need to restart.
To restart the database server, do one of the following:
- If your database server was stopped, click Start.
- If your database server was paused, click Resume.
- Double-click the database server to reconnect to it.