Defining the geodatabase as a product library in SQL Server Express (Production Mapping)
After the geodatabase has been created, various tables and feature classes that are part of the product library need to be added to it. This process can be completed in ArcMap. The tables and feature classes are created under the schema owned by the user who is connected. The user must be the owner of the schema that was used to create the product library to be able to upgrade and create or delete product classes.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Production > Product Library.Tip:
If the Product Library command is not enabled, you may need to enable the Production Mapping extension by clicking Customize > Extensions and checking the check box for Production Mapping.Tip:
You can also open the window by clicking the Product Library button on the Production Cartography or Production Editing toolbar.
Right-click Product Library and
click Select Product Library.
The Choose Product Library Workspace dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the geodatabase that will be used as the product library workspace.
The Select Extensions dialog box appears if you have at least one of the Esri Mapping and Charting solutions installed and this is the first time you create a product library for this geodatabase.
- If you have at least one of the Esri Mapping and Charting solutions installed, click the extensions you want this product library to support and click OK.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Select Configuration Keyword area and choose an option.
- Click OK.
- Click OK when the process completes.
If the product library supports at least one of the Esri Mapping and Charting solutions, it upgrades the tables that are part of that extension and is listed in the ToolTip.