Creating the product library workspace in an enterprise geodatabase (Production Mapping)
After the enterprise geodatabase has been created, various tables and feature classes that are part of the product library schema need to be added to it so it can perform as a product library. This process can be completed in ArcMap.
- Start ArcMap.
- On the menu bar, click Customize > Production > Product Library.Tip:
If the Product Library command is not enabled, you may need to enable the Production Mapping extension by clicking Customize > Extensions and checking the check box for Production Mapping.Tip:
You can also open the window by clicking the Product Library button on the Production Cartography or Production Editing toolbar.
Right-click Product Library and
click Select Product Library.
The Choose Product Library Workspace dialog box appears.
- Navigate to the product library database.
The Select Product Library Owner dialog box appears.
- Click the geodatabase owner and click OK.
The Select Extensions dialog box appears if you have at least one of the Esri Mapping and Charting solutions installed and this is the first time you create a product library with this geodatabase. You can continue to step 7 if this is the case.
If the Create Product Library Workspace dialog box appears, continue to step 8.
- If necessary, click the extensions you want this product library to support and click OK.
- If necessary, click the drop-down arrow in the Select Configuration Keyword area and choose an option.
- Click OK.
- If necessary, click OK when the process completes.
If the product library supports at least one of the Esri Mapping and Charting solutions, it upgrades the tables that are part of that extension and is listed in the ToolTip.