Introduction to the ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Desktop tutorial (Production Mapping)
In this tutorial, you will create a Reviewer session and manage records as you progress through the data review cycle. You will also learn how to configure automated quality control checks and how to schedule the checks to run automatically using the Data Reviewer service.
It is recommended that you complete the tutorial in sequence, since the software methods build on those introduced in earlier exercises and assume you understand those concepts. You should complete each section's exercises together.
The data for the tutorial is located in the <install drive>:\ArcGIS\ArcTutor\DataReviewer folder when you install the ArcGIS tutorial data.
It is recommended that you use ArcGIS online as a source for reference imagery over southern California.
- ArcGIS 10.2.2 for Desktop — Basic, Standard, or Advanced
- ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Desktop
The tutorial is divided into a series of exercises.
- Exercise 1 shows you how to create a Reviewer session and how to use the Reviewer table. The exercise will also show you how to commit, correct, and verify records in the Reviewer table.
- Exercise 2 shows you how to create and execute a batch job. A batch job allows you to configure automated quality control checks that can be stored and run when necessary.
- Exercise 3 introduces the Data Reviewer service. The Data Reviewer service is a Windows service that allows you to schedule a batch job to run at regular intervals without manual intervention.